Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fall

I love autumn!

I love the colors
I love the shorter days
I love that those shorter days provide me with more time to burn candles
I love autumn produce
I love the falling leaves
I love the occasional summery day
I love the smell of the fresh rain

(There is also a lot about autumn I don't love, but hey, I'm opting for positivity!)

I also love to bring autumn in to our house.
So I went outside and picked up loads of leaves.
We have these shrubs in the green area's in our street, which have leaves that turn the most amazing colors in the fall.
I'm press-drying a load of them for a school project, but I did some crafts with a bunch of them.





















I made a garland by sticking pieces of drink straws to the back of the leaves with sticky tape. This way they hang nice and front facing when you string them.
I saw this on Pinterest, but can't find the original Pin anymore.



















I also decorated some votives. Also found the idea on Pinterest.
They look so amazing when the candles are burning!



I think our nature/season table is nicely taking shape... The Loretta Grayson inspired tree fits in real nice!
I found the cute toadstool candle holders at Flying Tiger. Love that store...!


















Now for some felted or crocheted toadstools and a felted harvestfairy (or something like that)...

Love, Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment