Sunday, June 5, 2011

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I have all these cravings and sometimes I just give in to them.
But I don't want all the store bought crap, I love to bake myself and I use as much Organic ingrediënts as I can. So today I decided to bake some Chocolate Chip Cookies...

This is what you need for 12, quite large, cookies:

150 gr plain flour
100 gr dark caster sugar
55 gr "normal" sugar
125 gr soft butter
2 sachets vanilla sugar (about 15 grams) or
2 tablespoons vanilla essence
1 egg
1/2 tablespoon salt
1/2 tablespoon bakingpowder
100 gr dark chocolate

Pre-heat your oven to 180 °C (my oven does 175 or 200, so I picked 175 and added 2 extra minutes bakingtime).

Stir the butter and sugar to a soft mix, add the egg and stirr again.
Sift in the flour, baking powder and salt, stir again.
This is what you should get.




 

Bash the chocolate to pieces and add to your dough.
Line a bakingtray with bakingpaper and spoon spoonfulls of dough on the bakingtray.
I made 12 big lumps, but when they went in the oven, they flattened and stuck together.
I guess you could bake two batches with 24 smaller ones, or freeze half of the dough and bake 12 smaller ones...
It's all up to you...
If you bake the big ones, bake for 20 minutes, the smaller ones should be done in about 15 minutes.

Let them cool on the bakingtray for about 5 minutes, then transfer to a cake rack to cool further.
 








I have yet to taste them, but they smell amazing..!

Love, Caroline

1 comment: